Update 1.4.2b is out!
New in 1.4.2b:
- Fixes a problem with users having not being able to view photos
- Adds the ability to set Vibrate only for notifications.
- Fixes a crash with friends list. Special thanks to Marcel Bennett for the log hint!)
- Fixes a crash with photo swiping.
- Events now do not linkify items and hence you can click on them.
- When you post a link it now says “Bloo for Android”.
Known issues, things to know:
- Help make Bloo better! Does it crash on you when you do a specific action? Send me the log at dnkoutso at gmail dot com. This is how I fix bugs quickly and release updates daily.
- Loading of feed photos starts ONLY if you scroll. This is to make feed loading as fast as possible on the first run!
- Photo uploading is done by long pressing on an Album
- Notifications are not marked as read on Facebook. This is intentional as sometimes it causes you to retrieve multiple notifications again and again.
- I mentioned this a few times. Facebook API does not allow posting back inbox messages. Bloo is not exactly lacking this feature.
Update 1.4.1 Beta changelog:
- Post photo comments!
- Fixed a status update issue
- Fixed when a new album is created an error would occur when you long press
- Some optimizations here and there🙂
Bloo 1.4.2 is the latest release.
It is done and it is now free. After being Number 1 Top Paid Social Networking app, I present you the free version of Bloo
- Live folder for Bloo friends. Instantly access your friends streams from your Home screen.
- Photo comments, yes they are here.
- Photo swiping, no longer back and forth when viewing images.
- Brand new media section. Faster, better looking and easier to use. Fixes errors people had to deal with (mostly recently registered Facebook users).
- Yet again an update on the Stream engine. The feed optimizer is removed completely. Every feed now loads the necessary data and any media (profile pictures, photo attachments and video previews) will load as you scroll. This means the feed will always load faster because it will only load text. If I was to put it in numbers I would say at least 40% faster loading, of course this varies on your connection.
- Some links contain links to events or pictures, now these will successfully load through Bloo. If there are web browser links they will open in your browser.
- Ability to setup notification refresh time for people who pay for data or for people who want to conserve battery.
- Events now are ordered with the most recent event on top.
- This is a beta version of Bloo. There were a few bugs found in tagging and posting photo comments and hence those were removed. Fixes coming in 1.4.1 which should be out before Thanksgiving.