Update: Donate for Bloo now! I am shooting for a weekend release. 1.4 is a HUGE release.
The release of 1.6 has delayed my plans for 1.4 as I now have to update the version to support it for the new versions. If you are having a few bugs and problems with 1.6 please let me know. I have identified and fixed a few issues already.
1.4 will be a major update for Bloo and you will immediately notice the differences (in a good way!) There are a few features I won’t disclose yet but there are so much cool stuff to come. Here’s a short list:
- Brand new media section. Faster, better looking and easier to use. Fixes errors people had to deal with (mostly recently registered Facebook users). I will post an update with screenshots and a few “tutorials” on this next week.
- Yet again an update on the Stream engine. The feed optimizer is removed completely. Every feed now loads the neccessary data and any media (profile pictures, photo attachments and video previews) will load as you scroll. This means the feed will always load faster because it will only load text. If I was to put it in numbers I would say at least 40% faster loading, of course this varies on your connection.
- Some links contain links to events or pictures, now these will successfully load through Bloo. If there are web browser links they will open in your browser.
- Ability to setup notification refresh time for people who pay for data or for people who want to conserve battery.
- Events now are ordered with the most recent event on top.
There are a couple more features including one nice surprise! Stay tuned!