Just wanted to give a heads up on 1.3.2 status. This version turned out much bigger than I expected. It is almost done. So let’s get started. First of all we have some great news regarding the Facebook API! Finally, we have access to Inbox and Notifications! For that reason I postponed some of the previously changes mentioned in an older blog post regarding 1.3.2. Inbox has been the number one most wanted feature for Bloo so I focused all my attention to this…and then some!
Here’s a list of new stuff in 1.3.2:
- Inbox support: Read only until Facebook allows you to compose messages.
- Full notifications: This includes likes, comments, wall posts to your own but also any other post you have subscribed into. They are completely synced with Facebook so if you read them in Bloo they are marked as read on Facebook as well. Ability to JUMP to a users profile from notifications is now added.
- Search everything: This exists in your friends list but you can now filter/search your events or notifications! Ability to search the inbox is of course included. The power of truly native apps compated to web based versions.
- Home screen: Becomes more “alive” and shows you how many friends have birthdays (you will need to load your friends list first only once though), this is the first step to make the home screen much more informative, more to come on this.
- Much faster initial loading (splash screen)
- New wall post screen that matches new comment screen, more space to type
- Events are now cached and you dont have to reload them unless you explicitly use MENU -> REFRESH, the same applies to your friends list
- Feed loading even more optimized to make it even faster
- Fixed a bug that shows Bloo posts as link posts (hopefully this is gone)
- Crash control, even if Bloo crashes on you (hopefully not) it should take you back to the Home screen and restart
So why is not out yet? In order to access your Inbox, Bloo must be whitelisted by Facebook, I am currently waiting for this and as soon as its done 1.3.2 will go live!
Now, as far as the older features I had planned, they are still coming all of them. I think I will call the next version 1.3.5 or 1.4!
Finally, a huge thank you to everyone who voted on ANA’s for Bloo! Win or not, it has been fun!
Oh, and enjoy the screenshots!