Here we go with the latest update on the app!
I have created a final feature list of Version 1 of the app. The list not only is informartive to you but also good for me so I know when to stop adding features. So without further delay here’s the list.
- View Status updates, wall-to-wall posts, photo posts and YouTube posts
- Post to the Stream new status updates, links and new photos
- Post comments, remove your own comments or remove your own posts
- Like or Unlike posts
- Profiles / Friends
- View your own or your friends profile wall
- View your own or your friends profile basic info (Fields are yet to be determined)
- Post to your own or your friends wall
- Auto complete search box to quickly locate a friend
- Merge a friend with your phones contact. You will be asked to choose an existing or new contact to match and decide which fields to sync
- View your own or a friends albums ( w/ paging)
- View your own or a friends photos inside albums (w/ paging)
- View your own or a friends photo tags, jump into their profiles by clicking on the tags
- Save your own or a friends photo to your SDCard
- Tag your own photos only. Facebook policy does not allow to tag ANY photo, so only yours.
- Upload a photo from your Gallery straight to an album
- View your own events
- Get directions to events
- RSVP to events
- Synchronize your calendar with an event — This is the only feature I am still thinking about as it makes the app REQUIRE you to have the CALENDAR app installed. Right now it is included, as I have found out that the Calendar app cannot be deleted from G1 phones, please comment if this is not true for all G1 phones.
- Notifications for pending event invitations
- Notifications for todays birthdays
- Notifications for latest comments to your posts
…and there you have it! I know some of you want more but once Version 1 goes live a brand new set of features will be added to enhance your experience!
I have recently received my dev phone and I have been using the app on the road and it works great. It’s cool to check facebook on the road and I am very satisfied with the speed of the app.
I am still working very hard on this so I can have it released. I do not want to release anything until I am satisfied with it but I promise you I am putting a lot of effort and time into this.
Last but not least, we have reached 500+ members to the group! Your support means a lot to me and I wanted to thank you again for this! Here is a snapshot of how currently Events look like in your phone. Please note, this is work in progress!